Friday, November 6, 2015

International Trailer With New Footage

Well, this snuck onto the internet without much fanfare. I don't even know if there was an intention of a major release or it being a big deal or if it's just the international trailer and we weren't really meant to think much of it, except now that the internet connects the whole world of course we are all interested in everything.

Did you watch? Not a whole lot new here, but I suppose some interesting things. We hear Rey talk a lot more and it is abundantly clear now that she does not share the same accent as any of the big 3, though she does have a family.... or at least maybe is hoping for one. Finn and Rey still only have first names. Leia still apparently doesn't speak but perhaps that is a side effect of having to hang out with Threepio. Luke is still missing, and Chewie looks like he gets to blow something up.

So, overall, not a whole lot of excitement here. The music to me also seemed to be not quite Star Wars music, not recognizable like in the other ones. I feel as though maybe I've reached my limit on excitement over this one, because this didn't do much for me. I think still at this point I just want to be able to see the movie. Soon enough, I suppose. But I did at least feel the need to bring this one to your attention, so take a look and let us know what you think.

9 comments:

  1. I don't have the same accent my parents did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched it again and had forgotten, that is pretty ominous at the end: "Hope is not lost today, it is found." Something pretty bad probably happened to prompt that line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like Leia in these trailers. She's only shown as being upset or worried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to go ahead and assume the reason that that is all we are seeing of Leia is that too much else of what she does/says gives away too much plot for a trailer. Or maybe even will ruin a comedic moment? Yes, let's go with that. I doubt she spends the entire movie looking overwhelmingly concerned.

      Delete
  4. Agree on the music and the underwhelm -- didn't have that great epic Star Wars feel... But I feel a bit more excited with each subsequent viewing... a bit like watching the existing movies again and again, it works better as it gets more familiar... Sigh. December just can't get here fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't know the context of the "Hope is not lost today" line, thank God.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As for better music and a feeling of excitement... have you seen the (official) TV spot that came out on Twitter today? That should help...(!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgive me, but I think it was this board where someone said they knew of a spoiler about a Han/Leia kiss. I know people here don't want to hear spoilers, but if it's such a great spoiler as a kiss - couldn't we discuss that? What is the context of the kiss, is this a rumor? Just had to ask.

    ReplyDelete