Friday, March 11, 2011

So now what?

Well, we got really excited yesterday about starting a blog, and now neither one of us knows what to write about. I guess I could start by writing a bit about myself. I have been a fan of Star Wars since the first time I saw it probably when I could barely even talk. ANH came out before I was born, but I was around for the rest. I discovered fanfic in the late 90's and have been reading with varying degrees of obsessiveness ever since. I wrote my first fanfic stories in 2002 or 2003 and they didn't get shown to anyone until about seven years later. And of course eventually I wrote a few more after that in much more recent years.

Me and "Push" as I have nicknamed her, because writing ShouldIGetOutandPush just takes a ridiculously long time, started messaging back and forth when she started publishing her first story and now spend way too much of our free time talking about Han and Leia and helping each other with our stories. We live thousands of miles apart and have never met but seem to understand each other, so it works. In fact, it works so well that we often wonder if maybe we should just send our stories to each other rather than bothering to post them on any web sites at all because it seems people don't tend to be all that interested in commenting, and it makes us feel like we're talking to ourselves anyway. But I guess we'll keep trying.

And for no reason at all, here's a picture:









2 comments:

  1. Just signed up over here, but I am gonna start commenting. Gotta keep the Han/Leia fanfic writing alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that picture were clearer D: It's obviously similar to the one where they're facing the camera she appears to be screaming, but I like this one better. Not sure why. Something to do with the way Han/Harrison is standing, I guess.

    ReplyDelete